Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Wish, I Wish, I Wish...

Lately, I've noticed that I spend a lot of my time wishing for things I don't have.




I whine to my husband about my weight. I bemoan the fact that I'm utterly underwhelmed by my job. I drown my friends in lamentations about my life in general. 


I mourn the child I've never carried in my womb.


I am wishing my life away.


One day I will wake up and realize that I've been neglecting all the wonderful things I do have while wishing for those things I don't have.


Like true love. Friendship. Family. Laughter.


Happiness.




I don't want to find myself sitting alone in a rocking chair somewhere, still wishing.


Wishing for more time with loved ones. Wishing for my youth. My health. Wishing I hadn't spent so much time wishing.


It is time for me to learn to live in the moment. Because as each moment passes, it is another that I'll never get back.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Abby. I randomly came across this one today, and it was something I really needed to read today.

    Raven

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs are always appreciated!