Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Funnies

When I was a kid, Sunday mornings were reserved for three things: 1) the Family Breakfast Smorgasbord--scrambed eggs, bacon, fruit salad, homemade biscuits, cheesy grits and orange juice--2) Bugs Bunny and Friends, and 3) reading the paper with my Daddy.


Now, these memories are from when I was probably about 8 years old, so I don't think I was reading the Finance section of the Salisbury Post. But Daddy would spread the paper out on the coffee table, and I would snuggle up beside him on the couch, him with the sports section, me with the Sunday funnies. 


It's one of my fondest memories.


So Sundays on Abby Gabs will be dedicated to comic strips that make me laugh. And make me reminisce about my childhood Sunday mornings--the smell of bacon cooking, the sound of the tinny music of the cartoon in the background, and the feeling of absolute security and love in those special moments spent with my father.


Without further ado, our first Sunday Funnies feature, and just in time for Valentine's Day: Pearls Before Swine. (Click the picture to see the comic in it's original size, especially if you need glasses to see anything bigger than 24 sized font, like me.)




For more comic-y goodness, visit www.comics.com!

1 comment:

  1. Your taste in comics is familiar.
    Great minds think alike and all that...

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs are always appreciated!